Sharpedge Engineering Limited
The company possesses a wide range of expertise, including:
- Software design for real-time embedded products.
- Hardware design involving embedded processors, digital and analogue circuits.
- European product regulations regarding the safety of electrical equipment.
- European product regulations regarding electromagnetic compatibility (EMC).
- Product assessment and the production of expert witness reports.
About the Company
Sharpedge Engineering was founded in 2000 and incorporates all of the expertise
amassed by Sharpedge Consultants, which was founded in 1988. Under the leadership
of its owner Chris Brown, the Sharpedge companies have performed consultancy
work for numerous clients, with involvement in many product areas. A large amount
of technical engineering experience has been amassed.
- Layered, structured, real-time, multi-tasking embedded software design.
- A deep understanding of target hardware
- Languages: C, Pascal, various assemblers.
- Operating systems: C Executive, pSOS, VxWorks, various proprietary operating
systems and schedulers.
- Design tools: Microsoft Visual C++, CodeWright, WindRiver Tornado, many
cross-compilers and debuggers.
- Source code control: SourceGear Fortress & Vault Professional, Subversion,
StarTeam, SCCS, Visual Sourcesafe, PVCS.
- Protocols: SPI bus, CAN bus, serial, ISDN, TCP/IP, PPP, FTP, SNMP, SNTP,
- Processors: Altera NIOS II, PIC, Atmel AVR, ATMega, TI MSP430, Motorola
Coldfire, 68360, 68000, 68HC11; Hitachi H8S, H8; Siemens 80C166; Intel 80C186;
- Experience of designing electronic products employing a wide range of high
performance and low-end embedded micro-controllers, digital signal processors,
discrete logic and low frequency analogue circuitry using surface mounted
and conventional technology.
- An appreciation of the factors involved with volume manufacturing, such
as cost, testability and manufacturability.
- Knowledge of the EMC Directive, the Low Voltage Directive, product safety
and the CE marking process for electronic products.
- An understanding of the trade-offs required when designing to meet a range
of technical and marketing requirements.
- Experience with communications systems: radio data networks, analogue and
digital cellular phones (GSM, DCS/PCS, TACS/AMPS, NMT900 and C450).
- Global positioning system (GPS).
- Experience of military products.
- VME, STE and GPIB bus.
- High speed communications over cable and fibre optic networks.
- PC hardware design.
- Battery powered equipment design.
- Multiple processor systems.
- Switched mode power supplies.
- Vehicle electronics including CAN bus.
- Low frequency analogue design.
- XILINX, PLDs and ASICs.
- Design tools: Timing Designer, various CAD systems, ABEL.
Our standard terms can be found in this
document . These terms will apply unless and until alternative terms are agreed
Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Sharpedge Engineering Ltd.